Measure of citywide plant species diversity.
| ||X|| || |
1. Select at least 5 locations that provide different conditions for native plants across the city and for which data is available/can be gathered (e.g. park, green street edge, undeveloped area).
2. Survey an area totalling at least 100 m2 per location by designating transects or plots.
3. Record the presence of native vascular plant species in each location.
4. Count the total number of vascular plant species across all locations.
5. Repeat this count every 1–5 years to establish a trend.
Complete Singapore Index indicator 4.